[vlc-devel] How to contribute?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jul 31 09:14:57 CEST 2009

   Hello,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:08:04 +0800, "Lee" <li_zhi at hoperun.com> wrote:
> Now we want to contribute our source code to vlc organisation so that
more
> people around the world can benefit from the previous effors, without
> knowing how to or any limitative rules to obey after that. Could you
please
> give us a hand, like direct us to the one in charge or send us a complete
> guide about the contribution process?

You're welcome. There is no formal contribution process.

The usual and recommended "process" consists of making patches out of your
source code modifications, with due explanations what they are doing. Then
you should post them on this mailing list for review & comments. When there
are no open issues, they should be added to the next version of the player.

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,