[vlc-devel] OSD sliders on OSX.

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Jun 2 12:49:18 CEST 2009

I was wondering why i no longer had OSD volumesliders and position
indicators in OS X. The play/pause icons were still present, so that
wasn't the issue.

It seems that in hotkeys.c the presentation of these elements is
wrapped in if( p_vout->b_fullscreen ).
In the 0.9 tree it was if( !p_vout->p_window || p_vout->b_fullscreen )
Since p_window was NULL on OSX, this condition was always true.
However the p_window has been removed, and now p_vout->b_fullscreen
has become important. It seems however that on OSX, this value is
never true, probably because of the opengl provider chaos that
surrounds the vout's. I verified this, by checking with
var_GetBool( p_vout, "fullscreen" ), if this fixes the problem and it
does.

I'm not sure what the desired behaviour even is actually. When do we
want to show these 'sliders' ?

DJ