[vlc-devel] Build instructions for MacOS X?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 18:12:51 CEST 2009

Am 05.06.2009 um 11:46 schrieb Ruud Althuizen:
> On Fri 05 Jun 2009 11:37 AM, Andre-John Mas wrote:
>> I have MacPorts installed, so to 'disable' it I typed in my bash
>> shell (BTW
>> it would be worth mentioning this in the Wiki):
> You do not need to disable MacPorts, this is only needed for Fink (as
> stated).
Absolutely right. You only need to take care in case that you
installed 3rd party software with MacPorts, which is also used within
VLC's contribs. You might run into problems here if the installed
versions aren't compatible. However, using mingw32 from MacPorts to
compile VLC on a Mac for Win32 works nicely.

> I've compiled VLC multiple times on Mac OSX and the instructions are
> accurate (please don't forget to enable the correct compiler and
> linking
> binaries). Please try again when the ftp server is available again.
There is some strange stuff going on there right now. However, I've
just switched the protocol to download this package using HTTP from
the same server. So, just update your git checkout and try again.

Best regards,

Felix