[vlc-devel] Temporary resignation as bug triager

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 8 18:19:34 CEST 2009

Le lundi 8 juin 2009 19:09:18 Rémi Denis-Courmont, vous avez écrit :
> 	Hello,
>
> I am totally fed up with the Python ticket management crapware known as
> Trac. I give up on triaging bugs until we move to something that actually
> _works_.
>
> Best regards (except to Trac developpers but they aren't reading)

By the way, I think, besides the fact that it keeps crashing, Trac is really
not fit for the VLC media player project. Trac is based on milestones and
tickets. This is geared toward agile software development (tickets = tasks,
milestones = sprints). VideoLAN does not, cannot follow agile model (neither
waterfall for that matter) of _professional_ software development. Ticketing
does not really work with self-guided volunteers.

I really think we need a bug tracker (more like a slimmed-down Bugzilla),
rather than a ticketing system.

http://www.remlab.net/