[vlc-devel] Tag 1.0.0-rc3 : Jean-Baptiste Kempf : VLC media player 1.0.0-rc3, aka " Goldeneye" -- Release Candidate 3

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Jun 9 21:25:19 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf<jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 08:59:25PM +1000, xxcv wrote :
>> Hi I just saw alot of updates pushed to the core can you give it a month
>> of additional testing before tag a release thanks ?
>
> Well, well, well, I have to say that I was a bit surprised by such an
> update, but I have to look at it since it should fix some issues on
> the failing tests we were having in the testsuite.
>
> But yes, I think that this might need an extra RC.
>
> Pierre, care to comment?

Sure, this is not touching libvlccore, just libvlc. It is a backport
of what is in master currently. And this is attempting to fix a
totally broken object in libvlc (and fixing its associated tests at
the same time). It doesn't touch any other object in a intrusive way.
So this is really low risk regarding VLC. And a medium risk regarding
libvlc.

This could deserve an -rc, if libvlc users are testing it.

Pierre.