[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0 release plan...

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Jun 13 02:53:23 CEST 2009

On 13 jun 2009, at 01:31, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I think that we have waited for a release long enough.

I agree

>  I plan to tag it on Tuesday night or Wednesday.
>   Not all bugs will be solved, but well, we could wait 6 months or so.
>
> Bugs high on the list:
> - Win32 fontconfig issue with MKV and bold/italic subs

aren't these two separate issues ?

> - Win32 FSC controller brings the taskbar above it
> - Deleting last object in playlist doesn't stop it (#2720)

is this really a blocker ? I'm not sure.

> - H264 from Youtube files REGRESSION (#2590,
>   http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=188914#p188914 )
> - Ogg playback is broken on PPC

I will at least look at this this weekend, but not sure.

> - MAc Preferences won't reset.

This will be fixed (patched up might be a better description). I
already have working code for msot prefs, will finish the others
tomorrow.

> - H264 files that aren't playbakc anymore (#2617
>     ftp://streams.videolan.org/incoming/foo.264
> http://www.fastvdo.com/264codec/streams/HD720p/FVDO_Freeway_720p.264
>    ftp://streams.videolan.org/issues/PS/Audi-RS4vsFerrari.mpg )
>
> Cool bugs to fix:
> - Qt dialogs issues (#2763)
> - TrueHD in m2ts is broken
> - Pausing delays.

I still have a rather common crash in the end and begin fullscreen of
the OSX interface, as well as a common deadlock situation, but it
might just be that I cannot find a solution for those any time soon.
They are quite annoying, but I just don't see how to deal with those
at this point in time.

And let's not forget about broken mp4 muxer.

DJ