[vlc-devel] Vu Meter crashing VLC RC3

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jun 17 13:53:01 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 01:10:47AM +0200, Emmanuel Jarri wrote :
> after some discussions on #videolan, thanks to nefrir, some fixes were done,
> and thanks to thedj who relaunched the buildbot, I've been able to test the
> audio visualizations on the reference files.
>
> Attached is a spreadsheet of my tests, with VLC 1.0.0-rc3-20090616-0003
> Goldeneye, on a Win XP SP3 v.5512.

Waouw, thanks for this test.

> I planned to test with MPlayer sample file, but they require 13Go of
> download.
> Do you think it make sense to do so ?
No, I don't think so. Our collection is quite big too.

> do you have an automated test bot that could test some features automatically ?
Time to do so is lacking.

> I also planned to test some other formats, like Nero AAC, OptiFROG, Speex.
> To my mind, it could be useful to wait for some other new fixes before doing
> this tests ?
Well, yes.

Seeing your spreadsheet, everything is quite fine, but sometime slow
(goom being faster though).

However MPC and M2TS sample freeze. While M2TS is kind of normal (HD
resolution), MPC is not.

Thanks for the tests.

Best Regards,

--