[vlc-devel] commit: Port panoramix to X RandR with XCB (incomplete) ( R??mi Denis-Courmont )

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Thu Jun 18 13:10:58 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:40:14AM +0300, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
>> vlc | branch: master | R??mi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Wed
>> Jun 10 22:36:25 2009 +0300| [2dc30918df346215116efee064543844c0800e79]
>> | committer: R??mi Denis-Courmont
>>
>> Port panoramix to X RandR with XCB (incomplete)
>
> I understand this commit is marked as incomplete, nevertheles I just
> have a question for it. since this commit on June 10, vlc master does
> no longer build on any version of a released openSUSE (it DOES build
> on the upcoming version 11.2).

Does it still build if you add --disable-xcb to your ./configure
arguments? That ``fixes'' the build here.

> does this just mean that every already released version will no longer
> be compatible with VLC (or at least xcb) ? Or are there chances this
> will be worked out to also work with older versions?

The committer will be back from vacation in a few days and will be
able to enlighten us then. I for me would like backward compatability
but otherwise at least a configure check would be required.

> I'm not sure if only openSUSE is affected, but as it's what I build
> packages for, it's what I see.

At least fc10 is affected too.