[vlc-devel] commit: Port panoramix to X RandR with XCB (incomplete) ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Thu Jun 18 10:40:14 CEST 2009

Quoting git version control <git at videolan.org>:

> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Wed
> Jun 10 22:36:25 2009 +0300|
> [2dc30918df346215116efee064543844c0800e79] | committer: Rémi
> Denis-Courmont
>
> Port panoramix to X RandR with XCB (incomplete)

Hi,

I understand this commit is marked as incomplete, nevertheles I just
have a question for it.
since this commit on June 10, vlc master does no longer build on any
version of a released openSUSE (it DOES build on the upcoming version
11.2).

the buildlog at the end shows:
panoramix.c: In function 'CountMonitors':
panoramix.c:382: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before '*' token
panoramix.c:382: error: 'outputs' undeclared (first use in this function)
panoramix.c:382: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
panoramix.c:382: error: for each function it appears in.)

does this just mean that every already released version will no longer
be compatible with VLC (or at least xcb) ? Or are there chances this
will be worked out to also work with older versions?

I'm not sure if only openSUSE is affected, but as it's what I build
packages for, it's what I see.

Dominique