[vlc-devel] Custom variation of wingdi module problem
Juan Fernando Herrera J.
juanfhj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:19:35 CEST 2009
Hi. Thanks for your answer.
> First, what do you do in this wingdi_MOD?
> Second, I don't get what you're meaning by gdi32_MOD. Do you want to
> rewrite the whole GDI lib? Good luck then :)
I'm trying to implement transparent windows like in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms997507(loband).aspx for a
To simplify, I'm not creating a p_event_thread, just a window with no
WndProc, which will be updated by p_vout->pf_display.
What I can't figure out right now is how should I allocate memory.
Trying to guide myself from vmem.c, svgalib.c, directfb.c, and
xcommon.c, I see different methods are used:
* vmem.c seems to initialize p_vout->p_sys->p_data from a
config_GetPsz(p_vout,"vmem-data"). No init for p_pixels.
* svgalib does a p_pic->p_sys->p_data = vlc_memalign() through
vout_AllocatePicture. no init for p_pixels.
* directfb initializes vout->p_sys->p_pixels from a malloc. p_data not used.
* wingdi initializes vout->p_sys->p_pixels from a gdi call. p_data not used.
* xcommon seems to initialize p_vout->p_pixels from some previous x11
call? p_data not used.
So, I'd like to ask what are the separate roles of p_data and
p_pixels? Why directfb, wingdi, xcommon don't touch p_data? Why vmem
and svgalib init p_data instead of p_pixels?
More information about the vlc-devel