[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0-pre1 issues

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sun Mar 29 14:36:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> - Resampling still broken (see #1962 and patch related and #1862) (0.9+1.0)
 Fixed.

> - DVD menus are weirdly working and some people say that 0.8.6 can break
>   region-locking while 0.9 cannot?
 Do you example where dvd menu in 1.0 is worse than in 0.8 ?
(Yes it is not perfect but I do not think they are anymore regressions).
>   And there is always issues with DVD menus and video filters.
 Not easy to fix without some heavy work on video filter API, so probably
not fixed for 1.0

> - Recording doesn't work on Windows, wrong location? (1.0)
 It is working for me (it goes to "My Documents"), do you have any log ?

> - DMO is broken, so no wmap decoding anymore (1.0
 Fixed.

> - SVQ3 HD in mov stutters (regression, see #2547) (1.0)
 At first look, swscale is used (the chroma is I411) and seems insanely slow.
It is probably the cause of the regression.

> - Majors leaks in DVB-T (#2605)
 Not looked at.
> and in seeking (2588)
 Not reproduced with .mp3 and .avi or it is very very low.

#2610 is a ffmpeg problem, so it should be closed.

> - Video Filters make FSC to show when in non-fullscreen mode and make VLC
 With *vout-filter*, yes.
>   crash on exit quite often. (1.0)
 Are you sure ? With which filter ?

> - MKV real video support is still lacking stuffs (cook, correct RV40, etc...)
                                                               ^
I think that this one is more a demuxer problem but it needs investigations.

> - MKV hangs if there are many MKV in the same folder? (WTF?) (as always)
I have disabled the option that controls it by default. Prepare for bug report of
linked file not working anymore...

--
fenrir