[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.0-pre1 issues

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Mar 31 17:02:15 CEST 2009

Le mardi 31 mars 2009 16:33:13 Ross Finlayson, vous avez écrit :
> >  > - DVB-H seems to be broken in 0.9 and 1.0
> >
> >AFAIK, we have never had DVB-H in the first place. That's a live555
> > problem anyway.
>
> I'm curious; what do you mean by this?  I'm not very familiar with
> DVB-H, but if it's MPEG-TS initiated using RTSP, then the LIVE555
> libraries should be able to support it (at the client end).
>
> Or is the problem that DVB-H requires some non-standard use of RTSP?
> (If so, then perhaps we could still end up supporting this, with a
> little work?)

In my understanding, DVB-H is very different from DVB-(C|S|T). It multicasts
RTP "natively" over UDP/IPv6. Especially there are no Transport Streams.

VLC cannot handle it because its built-in SDP parser is incapable of handling
multiple streams as well as non-static payload types. Live555 is incapable of
handling it because it does not support IPv6.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary