[vlc-devel] Problem in VLC using V4L2 with analog camera.

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Tue Mar 31 17:20:02 CEST 2009

Luis,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009, Luis wrote:
> I never checked this, but in my opinion the driver could be returning
> interlaced frames with bad sequence numbers. This is: let A an B be
> complete progressive images that when decomposed in interlaced images give
> you Aodd, Aeven, Bodd, Beven. maybe the driver is labeling with the
> sequence number of B the subimages Aeven and Bodd, and when composing the
> image you see both frames at the same time interlaced.

Well I though that VLC was doing it ok, and the libv4l2 wrapper is known
to break some stuff, which is why I was asking for a test without it
first :) Thanks for the hint anyway, I'll look at interlaced content
handling once we've ruled out libv4l2 as the culprit.

Cheers,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea