[vlc-devel] Problem in VLC using V4L2 with analog camera.

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Tue Mar 31 17:26:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> Well I though that VLC was doing it ok, and the libv4l2 wrapper is known
> to break some stuff, which is why I was asking for a test without it
> first :) Thanks for the hint anyway, I'll look at interlaced content
> handling once we've ruled out libv4l2 as the culprit.

After rapidly skiming the code, it indeed seems that we don't handle
interlaced content properly. We ask the v4l2 device to provide non
interlaced content, which is fine if it agrees but isn't if it can't and
then sends us interlaced content. (V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED is actually a
request for full images)

I'll try fixing that code tonight. If anyone has access to hardware
capable of providing interlaced content it could help debugging.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea