[vlc-devel] [Intro] GSoC Media Library project

Srikanth Raju srikiraju at gmail.com
Wed May 13 04:22:51 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm Srikanth Raju and I've been selected for GSoC 2009 under VideoLAN. I'm a
fourth year undergraduate student of Information Technology from NITK,
Surathkal, India. My nick is "jetru" on IRC.

My GSoC project is a Media library in VLC player. My mentor is Jean-Philippe
Andr*é(J-Peg).

I will be working on improving the SQL Media Library system that was part of
the ecp project. We have numerous ideas for the ML. The first task will to
be to write a provider for the frontend. Also in the plans are to create a
smart playlists that will play media based on given criteria. The next
feature is to create a smart playing algorithm which will try to play songs
that the user likes. There will also be a feature which will fetch meta from
websites and fills it up (IMDB, musicbrainz). If there is any feedback or
requests, they are extremely welcome!

My wiki page is at http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2009/Media_Library

Looking forward to a great summer with VideoLAN!
**
*--
Regards,
Srikanth Raju