[vlc-devel] Problem using libvlc

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 24 09:48:02 CEST 2009

Le samedi 23 mai 2009 23:27:59 Pierre d'Herbemont, vous avez écrit :
> > (But there is currently a problem bypassing the PL, all playlist parsing
> > demuxer/access use playlist_t directly :(
>
> I am not sure about that, I removed most of the dependency from
> SD/playlist demuxer. They should be using an input_item_t interface.
> That allows you to get the media contained in a playlist file with
> libvlc, or the SD list, without using the playlist.

Except media_list_player deadlocks either at the end of the first item (in
trunk) or immediately (in 0.9 and 1.0), so the playlist is the only workable
option. Moreover, I don't understand why we need so many files and functions
for list handling, and why list and media are separate *yet* interdependent
things.

When I try to fix things up and I see so many functions, callbacks and
structures, I can but give up. *I* _cannot_ fix it, even though I'd like to.

If things go like this, libvlc 1.0 will be just worse than 0.9.

http://www.remlab.net/