[vlc-devel] Rethinking the Mac OS X GUI

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed May 27 14:05:01 CEST 2009

Hello Dominic,

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 01:59:50PM +0200, Dominic Spitaler wrote :
> Due to my work on the new VLC document icons, I've licked blood,
> and would like to contribute a bit more to the VLC project.
Nice, helpers are very welcome, especially on OSX.

> During the summer I'd like to rethink and redesign the GUI for VLC media
> player
> on Mac OS X, as I believe that VLC is technologically probably the best
> player
> out there, but the user interface trigs me (and a lot of other mac
> users) to use it,
> and instead switch over to quicktime, which has a (in my believe) better
> GUI.

Well, as you may have noticed, there is a very new GUI in VLC 1.1 for
Mac, (may dudiak and felix be praised for it). Have you tried it?

I think it is quite nice, but there are many things to change to it.
But, it is a one-window application, which changes a lot.

> I'd work together with a friend and colleague of mine.
Great.

> I hope our work would be appreciated,

If you want and are really serious, we can set up a git for you.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/