[vlc-devel] 'Open files' UI fixes. Full usage of QT4...

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Thu May 28 14:25:11 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 28 mai 2009, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> 2) Patch has issues on a few points:
>   - Screws up the button ordering. Cancel and Play are in the same place
>     in GTK and KDE. The playButton MUST be inside the QDialogButtonBox

QTcreator doesn't allow this. I guess it will need hand xml hacking or a trick
in the UI's class.

If you intend to have a full buttons layout management through
QDialogButtonBox's buttons roles, is there any reason to keep the "horizontal
spacer" ?

>   - Cancel button is wrong, it shouldn't use Qt Cancel and Qt colors,
>     for translation reasons.

Is that a translation only problem with QT or a display problem ?

This is a first stage, the next steps is to move the action buttons -inside-
the tabs (action relates to the tab's context). Reason ? Options shown in the
tabs are not exclusive. Any user filling a DVD then network tab could expect
to have both working.

Another way to have the right behaviour is to discard tabs and use a combobox
(or radio boxes, as there is only 4 choices) for media selection, then
onChange dynamically display the related options. Cons are that radio won't
be visually nice, and a combo won't expose all alternatives until selected.

Then, I also think the optional options might also need to move, as It does
seem to be specifically related to the media (caching). For example, is
the 'extra synchronous media' something wanted with capture mode ?

Francois