[vlc-devel] 'Open files' UI fixes. Full usage of QT4...

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 28 15:01:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 14:25:11 +0200, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev at free.fr>
wrote:
> This is a first stage, the next steps is to move the action buttons
> -inside- the tabs (action relates to the tab's context). Reason ?
> Options shown in the  tabs are not exclusive. Any user filling a DVD
> then network tab could expect to have both working.

Don't waste too much of your time on this.

I intend to *REMOVE* the disc tab, because:
1/ We can auto-detect the disc type. No need to ask if it's VCD, CD or DVD
really.
2/ The navigation stuff is useless. Normal user can use the Navigation menu
after opening and advanced users can use the CLI.

And I already suggested simplify and rationalizing the network tab... The
one ported from WxWidgets is really non-sense. You should look at what the
OSX network tab looks like (much better from the screenshots I've seen).