[vlc-devel] ZHow to get JVLC to play youtube...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 11:24:21 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to get jvlc example to play a youtube video. The dlls seem to be loading ok but when trying to use mediaplayer for jvlc for a youtube video it does not know which demux to use. I noticed when using vlc to play a youtube video it selects the flv1 decoder.

Perhaps I need to use a command line option(s) to tell jvlc to use the flv1 codec? Putting the lua scripts in a path where they can be found helps decode the video name but then jvlc wants to use a lua decoder which does not work. I prefer not to tell jvlc which codec to use but let the vlc dlls loaded by jvlc to figure the decoder to use.

I am running the jvlc example under windows using eclipse.

Thanks,
-Tony