[vlc-devel] How to get JVLC to play youtube...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 09:21:02 CET 2009

Hi All,

Seems using jvlc and the mediaplayer the avformat module does not show in the debug list (-vvv) at all but when the playlist object is used I get the following error:

[0x5709824] avformat demux debug: detected format: swf
[swf @ 0x571ee00]Compressed SWF format not supported
[0x5709824] avformat demux error: av_open_input_stream failed

Since youtube is compressed and I am using dlls from a build a day or so ago from the vlc.exe plugins folder and the vlc.exe works or plays the youtube url I am not sure why I would get the above error.

Regards,
-Tony