[vlc-devel] Qt media browser (playlist selector) reorganisation

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 8 20:32:34 CET 2009

> > I don't like the names of "External Devices" and "Internet Sources"
> > We need rephrases.
>
> Maybe something like Remote (Sources?/XX) and Local (Sources?/Devices?/XX)

Maybe something like Streaming Media. Then External Devices could even
be Remote Media, as opposed to media on disks or devices directly
plugged into the computer.

> Well, you see, if then we don't have separate nodes for MTP, UPnP and
> Bonjour (which is my suggestion), there is no way of giving information
> whether each of those separate modules is active. And I find it counter
> intuitive that one could for instance manually turn off inserted/removed
> disc notifications or device notifications, I never saw that in any
> program.

Right-click on the category name? A label like "1/3 active" for example?
A tiny icon to show that some or all are disabled, a prompt to click
here for more?

> IMHO I would leave particular SD activation / deactivation and any info
> regarding that solely buried somewhere in preferences.

Unless they are all always activated by default, I tend to disagree.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."