[vlc-devel] [BUG] include/vlc_block.h declares block_FifoPace but does not export it

Nick Briggs briggs at parc.com
Mon Nov 9 08:11:53 CET 2009

Rémi --
[Sorry I didn't catch your reply sooner]

I'm using the block_Fifo* functions from an access module, compiled as a
VLC plugin,  that interfaces with PARC's Content-Centric Networking
transport (http://www.ccnx.org).  I need some buffering between the CCN
packet input thread and the stream of the upstream reader, and the
block_Fifo functions are designed for exactly that.   block_FifoPace is
exactly the functionality I need to cleanly limit the fifo size without
resorting to spinning on the fifo depth.  Since all the block_Fifo
functions are already exported (except block_FifoSize and
block_FifoPace) I made the request...

Any other info I can provide?

                \nick