[vlc-devel] manually created patch because lack of smtp server
remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 17 21:47:35 CET 2009
Le mardi 17 novembre 2009 22:27:44 Frans Bouwmans, vous avez écrit :
> I tried to use git send-mail but lack of an available smtp server caused
> this to fail.
> Therefore just by email with the patch file attached. Let me
> know whether this can work this way or not.
It's much better that way than through some broken SMTP server that would
mangle the patch anyway.
> The patch is for the handling
> of private streams. Currently when encountered a private stream, a "ppes"
> module will be created which receives the blocks with the private stream
> data. Will continue with adding an output stream which will provide this
> data to an another application (intend to use JVLC in an java app and
> receive the private stream while playing).
> Any feedback about the implementation so far is appreciated.
* At the very least you must release the incoming blocks. I understand the
patch is purposedly incomplete, but that's not an excuse to leak.
* Please remove the excessive debug. Especially the static variable is not
* You should probably not to bother with a new configure option nor a new
source directory. This is small and self-contained so it can be always on.
* I don't understand why you create a new capability and bypass packetization.
Won't that prevent re-streaming the private ES?
* Why do you add bindings to FFMPEG? Is that supposed to work?
More information about the vlc-devel