[vlc-devel] commit: svg: quick fix for out-of-tree compilation (Olivier Aubert )

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Tue Nov 24 16:51:09 CET 2009

> That said, I don't believe it is sensible to conditionally include
> config.h if without it the includers won't compile. The conditional
> means that the implicit promise that it will compile without a config.h
> is simply not true. This promise either should be fulfilled or it should
> not be made in the first place.
Agreed. All modules should be fixed then: in the current configuration,
almost all modules use the same template:

src/vlc/modules>grep -l "ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H" **/*.c | wc
    471     942   19654
src/vlc/modules>ls **/*.c |wc
    494     494   10349

and almost all modules indeed need config.h, since the N_ gettext macro
(which is used in the plugin template) is defined in vlc_fixups.h, which
is included in config.h :

src/vlc/modules>grep -l N_ **/*.c | wc
    400     400    8176

Olivier