[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: position slider: send seek events at regular intervals ( Jakob Leben )

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:23:06 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

>  It is alreay done like that. You don't see it because, the video does not
> have the time to be displayed before a new seek is issued. The code
> executing
> the seek does the seek at the demuxer level, but does not look at the
> decoder
> level.
>  What could be done is to postpone a new seek execution until either the
> decoder
> has displayed a frame or a (small) timeout (in src/input/input.c).

Yes, there has to be "extra time" besides the time for realizing a seek
request. You do want to let the media play for a little while before seeking
again, no matter how fast a single seek request is processed. That's what my
changes at Qt level introduced.

Of course it's of bigger benefit to implement in the core, I agree.