[vlc-devel] commit: qt4: rebuild tree on updateTreeItem (Ilkka Ollakka )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Oct 26 12:05:52 CET 2009

   Hello,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:21:33 +0100, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com>
wrote:
> In my opinion, this is a rather crude way to fix the problem. It is a
> trivial fact that rebuilding the tree fixes the problem. You could just
as
> well throw around rebuilds all over the code and any de-synchronization
> with core playlist will always be silently hidden. However, my work on
the
> qt4 playlist was in large part directed towards minimizing rebuilds to
> enhance performance.
>
> The real reason for the duplicate-items-bug must be in that the same item
> gets inserted twice without one of the copies being removed in between.
> Either a remove should happen in between the insertions, or the insertion
> shouldnt happen twice at all.

I agree with your analysis. But please note that the bugs where filed over
a week ago. I might have missed them but I have not seen any comment from
anybody except Ilkka and myself. I cannot blame Ilkka for taking a stab at
fixing the bug if nobody else comments, until after he commits.

My point is, if you do plan to look at a bug, you could at the very least
"accept" the Trac ticket, so we don't duplicate efforts.