[vlc-devel] commit: qt4: rebuild tree on updateTreeItem (Ilkka Ollakka )

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Mon Oct 26 14:55:54 CET 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:21:33 +0200, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In my opinion, this is a rather crude way to fix the problem. It is a
> trivial fact that rebuilding the tree fixes the problem. You could just

Well yes, but actuall cause of that bug ain't really trivial to spot, and
it's better to have working public tree and fix issue on own tree than
having everyone to use broken tree untill someone finds a fix.

> The real reason for the duplicate-items-bug must be in that the same item
> gets inserted twice without one of the copies being removed in between.
> Either a remove should happen in between the insertions, or the insertion
> shouldnt happen twice at all.

I think that maybe sd doesn't send proper event/callback from core about
item removal, and that's why it's not removed. But haven't tested if it's
so.
--
Ilkka Ollakka