[vlc-devel] [BUG] include/vlc_block.h declares block_FifoPace but does not export it

Nick Briggs briggs at parc.com
Sat Oct 31 02:05:55 CET 2009

The function block_FifoPace was introduced recently (> 0.9.9), but in
include/vlc_block.h (1.0.2, 1.0.3-rc) we find:

VLC_EXPORT( void,           block_FifoRelease,  ( block_fifo_t * ) );
/* TODO: do we need to export this? */
void block_FifoPace (block_fifo_t *fifo, size_t max_depth, size_t max_size);
VLC_EXPORT( void,           block_FifoEmpty,    ( block_fifo_t * ) );

I believe the answer to the question is *yes*, because if it's not
exported it's not available in the library on Mac OSX, and perhaps others.

Could someone with commit rights please fix this?

Thanks.

Nick Briggs
Palo Alto Research Center.