[vlc-devel] commit: Win64: more work from iconv from NightStrike (Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Sep 3 09:48:56 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 05:32:32PM +1000, xxcv wrote :
> commit 1d8bae2a413bb800700644569679dd832be1060b
> Author: Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
> Date:   Thu Sep 3 00:03:22 2009 +0200
>
> Do you see the author been NightStrike?!
Read the git logs, read them from the SVN times. And you will see that
is what we have always done like this before git.

I apply the patches with am -s when people send git formatted patches.
When they just provide a diff, I do my best to --author.
But when there is just a diff on a pastebin, when I don't even know who
the author is, or when the diff doesn't even apply, then no, I am not
doing extra work.

> Plus hiding my name is none of your business.
It is not.

> And JB's been a lazy ass
I think I do enough for this project for me not be called lazy.

> and I have no skills in programming what so ever.
And?

> Even at the vlc-1.0 release the block of FSC without any parent
> object is what I have taught him which made the release possible.
So what? First you weren't the only one telling it, and then, you didn't
even fucking send a patch.
And I don't remember you telling me. As you don't answer to legitimate
mails about the chroma converters.

> Plus if it wasn't me been debugging and sending backtraces and analysis
> of bugs will you be able to release vlc-1.0 ?!!?
So what? You are doing a great job. Noone denies that.
But that doesn't mean that you have Authored some patches.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/