[vlc-devel] RFC: modify video_output to avoid not required recreation of the filter chain

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Sep 26 19:14:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le samedi 19 septembre 2009 18:14:28 Rémi Denis-Courmont, vous avez écrit :
> > Le dimanche 13 septembre 2009 00:34:55 André Weber (atmo), vous avez écrit :
> > > - that there is a trigger (VideoFilter2Callback) on the variable
> > >  "video-filter" - which sets a variable "psz_vf2" which is checked in the
> > >  main output loop - if this is set the filter chain gets recreated - but
> > >  for some reason this also happens immediately after vout creation, and
> > > at some later points again -- with the same text - so the same filter
> > > chain would be created at least two times - for my atmo filter that is
> > > bad.
> >
> > I don't know about the patch, but this looks a bit like a bug in the video
> > output. If that's the case I would rather have the bug fixed that further
> > clutter the already crowded vout_thread_sys_t.
> >
> > Laurent? Antoine?
>
> Ping.
 I am unsure but I think this patch is wrong. I think that we need
to restart the filter change everytime the VideoFilter2Callback is called
to ensure that modified filter parameters are taken into account.
 Now, what is weird is that this callback is called uselessly multiple
times (at least that's what is reported). I think that is a bug or a least
something not desirable and should be fixed.

--
fenrir