[vlc-devel] 1.0+ for powerpc-apple-darwin8?

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Sun Sep 13 05:50:05 CEST 2009

Hi,
 	The FAQ says that VLC 0.9.9a is the last release for Mac OS
10.4.11.  Would it be possible to continue releasing updates for 10.4.x
(powerpc or universal)?  I'd be willing to help test, and even roll out
packages if needed.  (My G4 is too old to upgrade to 10.5 :S )

I'm following the instructions at:
http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile

I've git-cloned the source, but bootstrap tells me:
Your version of Mac OS X is too old!
Compiling and running VLC requires 10.5.x or later

:(

I'm sure this used to work before 1.0.0.
What would it take to re-instate the old build/flow for 10.4?

I found the following entry (git log bootstrap):
commit e4fa3e2f367910c1ead73c660fafdacfa054985a