[vlc-devel] Urdu Localization of VLC Mediaplayer

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Fri Apr 9 00:55:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 10 at 04:57 +0500, Ab S wrote:
> I have joined forum under username: 'transurdu'.
> I translate as volunteer/pro into my native language Urdu (ur-PK).
> There is no language entry or maintainer for Urdu
>
> language in localization list. I have read
>
> forum/localization rules and prepared to start/maintain
>
> Urdu localization work. Please send me localization file.
> Also posted a request to forums.

Walid Hamidy (walidhamidy14 at hotmail.com) has already started working on
an Urdu translation. You should contact himm and see how you can
cooperate.

You can find the file there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/ur.po

You can use poEdit or loKalize  to translate.
Make sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe