[vlc-devel] First steps on MacOS X

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Apr 30 11:21:46 CEST 2010

Hi Saúl

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 19:42 +0200, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> > sealibora reported a (now closed) bug against python bindings
> > https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3421 but did not inform that he had
> > done some work, too bad (sealibora, if you are reading this, please get
> > in touch).
> Oh, I didn't want to upset anyone, I was just trying to get it working :-S
No hard feelings, it would just be nice to inform upstream so that it is integrated.

> I tried with latest git, but bindings are giving trouble:
I have just fixed numerous bugs in git (which now holds the latest
version of the module itself in generated/). You can give it a try, but
given your issues, I would say it is not a python issue but a more
VLC-specific one. You can try to specify another vout module (like aa
for instance). There are some subtleties in setting a vout on MacOS X
(see the set_nsobject documentation).

Regards,
Olivier