[vlc-devel] (direct3d module question)YUV data toLPDIRECT3DSURFACE9

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Aug 5 15:05:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 15:57:53 +0300, David Kaplan <david at 2of1.org> wrote:
>> That's actually *very* useful for remote support.
>>
>> It means we can ssh in to a remote machine over a low-bandwidth link
>> and check a high-bitrate video source is being multicast correctly
>> on the remote network.
>>
>> Wow. I actually didn't think of that. You're totally right. What type of
> bandwidth is needed for the ascii out?

Much more than SSH can handle with low bandwidth, at least for my
definition of low bandwidth, because it is not compressed.

Black and white ASCII art occupies over 400 kbits/s for the standard 80x25
resolution and 25 frames per seconds on a CP437 console, not counting
overhead.
Colored ASCII art would consume 3.6 Mbits/s in the same conditions.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis