[vlc-devel] [GCI] libvlc: An API for listing audio & video filters

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Dec 4 23:34:47 CET 2010

   Hello,

On Saturday 04 December 2010, Rémi Duraffort wrote:
> > I am not opposed to opening more the modules, but I would love to see
> > the use-cases.
>
> Maybe I haven't seen the function to do it but AFAIK there is no libvlc
> function to list the available SD modules... That's really a shame (or I
> missed something).

It's not entirely obvious but listing SD is a completely separate issue. A
generic per-capability list wouldn't work. That's exactly why we created the
"probe" stuff.

> Anyway being able to list the available vout, aout, video filter, audio
> filter, sd, ... looks like an important feature of libvlc for me.

I disagree. vout and aout are not portable and LibVLC should (and normally
does) find the best one automatically.

http://www.remlab.net/