[vlc-devel] [GCI] libvlc: An API for listing audio & video?filters

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Dec 5 00:01:44 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 12:38:36AM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> And most filters depend on parameters that cannot be expressed in a generic way

This is true for some of them, but not all of them:
gradfun, grain, zoom, puzzle, gradient, invert, noise, motion,
psychedelic, wave, posterize, sepia, to name a few are pretty usefull,
even with the default parameters.

Most (all) Audio filters, are useless without params adjustement now.

SD, visualisation would gain to be listed too.

access, access_demux, demux, art finder, decoder, inhibit, extension,
main, memcpy, meta *, osd parser, packetizer, sql, stream filter, sub
filter, text renderers, video blending, vod server, xml, xml reader
I fail to see the use cases.
Olivier, ivoire, Jakub, *: any idea of such use cases?

sout* needs a special API

playlist export would be pretty cool, but I don't know if the generic
API would work.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf