[vlc-devel] new RTSP module & support for Amino STBs

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 12 21:22:51 CET 2010

> On Sunday 12 December 2010, Sven Petai wrote:
> > Are you against supporting these two non-std. features in the new
> > module in principle or did you just mean it's unsupported until
> > someone is willing to do the work?

I'd be willing to do it, provided that it's a good idea and that I have
sufficient specs to implement it correctly.

> Until/unless the RTSP stack were untangled from the RTP output,
> supporting raw UDP is not possible in a clean fashion. While that
> might be a good idea, I believe it would incur a *lot* of work. I am
> strongly opposed to quick-and- dirty hacks in the RTP output for raw
> UDP; it's already complicated and messy enough like it is now.

I don't understand you there. It's fairly simple if we implement it for
VoD only. And it doesn't make sense to me to try to implement for the
broadcast case: the stream output is set up by the server and it's RTP,
nothing else, and the client has to deal with what's available.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."