[vlc-devel] [Code bounty] add support for https video streaming from websites with untrusted SSL certificates

Sylver Bruneau sylver.bruneau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:59:20 CET 2010

Hello,
I'm working on an open source application (but not yet public) on
iPhone/iPad that is using VLCLib to render some videos.
For some reasons I need to be able to get the video stream from SSL
connection to servers with untrusted SSL certificates (self signed
certificates). Getting a trusted certificate from a company providing
trusted certificates is not an option in my case ...
You can have few details about my problem here :
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=83187

So here we go, I'm not really aware of how SSL connections are working and I
really don't have time to investigate/understand how things are working and
how to adapt them !
So I offer 50€ to anyone that will send a patch here to allow SSL
connections to servers with untrusted servers !
I guess that the best way to do is that if someone want to take the bounty,
he should reply here and then I'll deal with him for details !

Sylver