[vlc-devel] [RFC] Slimming LibVLC down

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Feb 1 12:50:23 CET 2010

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:31:00 +0100, Olivier Aubert
<olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:
> I agree that it would be a bad idea to mark MediaControl functions as
> deprecated for 1.1, but not for the same reasons as yours. I just
> reiterate: "I agree that at some time, it could go away. But before
> that, it should be explicitly marked as Deprecated, and even before
> that, a stable alternative should exist, which LibVLC is not yet IMHO."

As I said, that statement is kinda self-contradictory. If LibVLC is stable
for two versions, and then we remove something, then it is _not_ stable
anymore. This is absurd. By the way, LibVLC 0.9 and 1.0 were compatible.

I will move media control to a dedicated library in bindings.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis