[vlc-devel] [RFC] configure.ac patches

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 3 12:07:29 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:55:33 +0100, Daniel Mierswa <impulze at impulze.org>
wrote:
> Also created a ticket at https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3283
> Description copied:
> I'm in the middle of refactoring the m4/autoconf code we currently use to
> make it way more readable for packagers and to hopefully gain some speed
> if it works out. :) The description for each patch should probably be
> sufficient to tell you what it does. Please let me know what you think of
> the patches so I can continue to work on more autoconf foo.

Generally, I would like to move as much as possible out of configure.ac and
vlc-config into the Makefiles. In other words, I'd like to move compile and
link flags into substitution variables and define targets with automake if
statements.

Improving the current autoconf infrastructure is of course still a good
thing to do in any case.

> The patch comes splitted into two, to match the ones at the ticket.

Please send either one in-line patch per message (easier to review) or one
patch per attachment of a single message (easier to merge).

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis