[vlc-devel] [C] itml: new playlist design

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Wed Feb 3 20:00:41 CET 2010

Le mercredi 3 février 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > Select Disc -> Add the disc uri.
>
> That would be completely retarded. We know the list of disc in the system,
>  and in fact we already have it (in the playlist). Why would one want to
>  enter the disc path?
Misunderstood.
It's not "asking an uri" but selecting an entry, which is an URI.
Displays "Title 1", "Title 2", "Title 3". Each entry has an associated URI
(dvd://dev/foo/trackN)...
The user does not see the URI itself. (except when he needs to explicitely
input one: network, shoutcast stream url...)

> > For chapter -> Disc -> Disc #0 (subtree) and add the wanted chapter Uri.
>
> It's not that easy. We don't know the number of chapters until after we
>  have opened the disc.

But selecting that source tab could "load/open" and list chapters, no ?

> > > "Open capture" is only very partially replaced with the capture SD.
> Same problem. You don't know the right frequencies.

Each Source tab opens a split view on the right side:
Up is configuration, source related (parameters, freq, uri, ...)
Bottom is the list of selectable items (uri), accordingly to the
configuration.

-> Select Source -> Check/Modify config OR input required elements -> Select
elements to add from the generated list.

Francois