[vlc-devel] [C] itml: new playlist design

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 3 19:27:36 CET 2010

Le mercredi 3 février 2010 20:22:53 Francois Cartegnie, vous avez écrit :
> > Well... "Open network" could^Wshould really be merged with "Paste URL",
> > but you can't really remove it.
>
> Maybe it's not clear.
> Just one dialog: Open -> Choose Media Source
> For network, select network, network URL (subtree) enter network URL & add
>  uri to playlist (or replace whole playlist with it).
>
> > "Open disc" could be removed in favor of the disc SD... but that only
> > works on Linux currently. And while I wouldn't mind the loss of chapter
> > pre-selection, we need to keep streaming and recording.
>
> Select Disc -> Add the disc uri.

That would be completely retarded. We know the list of disc in the system, and
in fact we already have it (in the playlist). Why would one want to enter the
disc path?

> For chapter -> Disc -> Disc #0 (subtree) and add the wanted chapter Uri.

It's not that easy. We don't know the number of chapters until after we have
opened the disc.

> > "Open capture" is only very partially replaced with the capture SD. Even
> > on Linux, we lack DVB, ALSA and JACK support, and tuning parameters or
> > frequency scanning for V4L2. On other OSes, it is totally missing.
>
> Same behaviour as above.

Same problem. You don't know the right frequencies.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis