[vlc-devel] Localizing VLC using Web Translate It

Édouard Brière edouard at atelierconvivialite.com
Fri Feb 5 18:17:06 CET 2010

Hi VLC team,

I am the developer of Web Translate It, a web-based service to
collaboratively translate software, and I think you might be interested by
using my tool for VLC’s localisation. Web Translate It is a commercial
software but is totally free to use for open-source projects.

There’s a ruby executable you could use to sync in batch your language files
(given the scale of your project, you could use it once in a while before a
release).

There is also an integrated communication tool, so translators can ask
questions and get answers from developers about the context of a string.

I took the liberty to create a project for you and import VLC 1.0.5’s .po
files, so you can take a look at it by yourself:
https://webtranslateit.com/projects/399-VLC

I am sure Web Translate It could really be beneficial for the quality of
your translations, and therefore increate VLC’s accessibility to non-english
speaking people.

I hope you will find Web Translate It useful. Feel free to contact me if you
have any question, comment or suggestion.

Regards,
Édouard Brière
https://webtranslateit.com