[vlc-devel] [Patch] Moving some libvlc objects to vlc_objects

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:37:43 CET 2010

Hey Hugo,

On Feb 6, 2010, at 14:11, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen <beauze.h at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recent libvlc_media_player modification broke something.
> If i'm not mistaking, two refcounters were used : one in the
> libvlc_internal instance, which is a vlc_object AFAIK, and one on the
> libvlc_instance_t.
> Obiously, having two refcounter for the same thing is a problem.

What kind of issue do you have? To me the vlc_object_t counter is only
retaining the variable associated references. It should also add a
reference count to the malloc of the libvlc object, but that's all.

> Moving to vlc objects for everything in the libvlc seems to do the
> trick.

Libvlc_event_manager better be light, given it's used everywhere. I am
wondering what kind of issue you have with it.

Pierre.