[vlc-devel] commit: Mostly revert "libvlc: add mouse events as libvlc_MediaPlayerEvents " ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:09:53 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> [...]

You seem to have the impression that I asked you for an
implementation. That was not my intention.

>> Only reverting is not helpful IMHO.
>
> Making LibVLC not dead lock is helpful. Not publishing a bad API that we would need to support I do not know how long is helpfull too.

Where does the deadlock occur? so that I can fix it,
How can I trigger the deadlock ?

If the implementation of remembering the vout in the media_player is
the wrong approach, then what would be an alternative?
Using var_InHerit() ? Registering "mouse-move",  "mouse-click" and
"mouse-button-down" on the media player object and Inherit it in vout
?

gtz
Jean-Paul Saman