[vlc-devel] Would like to join the project as a Mac OS X developer... however

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Sat Feb 20 16:55:54 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:54:39AM -0600, :::nach::: wrote:
> Hi,
>   My name is Ignacio (MX).
>   I read the post on you looking for developers for Mac OS X port of VLC and I'm interested.
>   I'm own a Mac but I´m not a Mac developer. I work as a software engineer and my duty is taking over customer service requests on Windows Mobile platform, which requires developing small features for Multimedia device drivers and applications (DShow). So, I have some exposure to C, C++ and MM applications.
>   I'm interested in learning more about what you need. I would like to join and collaborate.
>   I wouldn't like to be a burden nor make you loose your time, so please let me know. I will put myself into the Cocoa and Xcode self-learning process -it´s common sense this is a must, so perhaps my odds are better when I know the basics at least.
>   I would like to know about your working model, time constraints and so on for getting ready for the level of commitment (I guess) the project requires.
>   Thanks for your time!

Hi,

I think fastest way to get involved is to come and hangaround in
#videolan on freenode irc where most of the developers randomly are. And
just get coding small patches for things you want to improve and send
those here (vlc-devel) and harras people to review them etc.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was bad,