[vlc-devel] commit: Lua SD: let the user know we are working (Fabio Ritrovato )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 24 14:44:09 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:00:48 +0100, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I believe the services_discovery_t: b_loading field should be protected
by
> some mutex, which services_discovery_t does not have yet.

Why?

The loading boolean has to be synchronized at a higher level. Adding a
mutex here would just be a kludge to work around a would-be race condition
at an higher level.

Only the SD plugin should ever change the loading boolean. And the SD
plugin should be internally synchronized (so that it does not set loading
back to true after it's set it to false...).

> B: Or remove the b_loading field and pass the loading state as bool
> through
> callbacks all the way until Qt intf.

Yes, this does probably not need to be kept in the core.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis