[vlc-devel] New Translation languages

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Thu Jan 14 23:17:56 CET 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 13, 10 at 13:20 +0000, Walid Hamidy wrote:
> I am intersted in helping translating the software into new languages. I can translate the lovely VLC into the following languages.
>
> Dari/Farsi used in Afghanistan, Iran, Tajikistan
Farzaneh Sarafraz <farzaneh at farsiweb dot info> is the current Farsi
translator. you should contact her if you want to help.

> Pashto used in Afghanista and Pakistan

Zabeeh Khan <zabeehkhan at gmail dot com > is the current translator
> Urdu used in Pakistan

You can find the file there:
http://people.chewa.net/~xtophe/videolan/l10n/ur.po

You can use poEdit or loKalize  to translate.
Make sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe