[vlc-devel] Solaris configuration scripts fixes

Francois Cartegnie fcartegnie at free.fr
Sun Jan 17 19:20:30 CET 2010

Le Sunday 17 January 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > Solaris's /bin/sh isn't a fully compliant shell and fails
> > in configuration scripts. We needed a fix to override the
> > hardcoded /bin/sh. (here using CONFIG_SHELL)
>
> "compliant" with what? If the bug is in Solaris, the fix belongs in
>  Solaris.

Posix Compliant.
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Shellology.html

Systems are free not to have a posix compliant shell or not to have a /bin/sh
shell. So this isn't a solaris bug and vlc must build from any user specified
shell. (and shell isn't specified by pkg-config)

Francois.